Main Course: 10 – Minute Cheesy Pasta
Servings: 6-8 Servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Comfy and filling, this easy meal comes together in a flash for a quick mid-week meal. Add some pan-fried veggies and grilled meat or fish for a balanced meal.
- 1 package pasta (400 grams) pasta, any shape
- 1 package (227 grams) plain or flavoured cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Optional: 1/4-1/2 tsp chili flakes, adjust to your taste
- Optional: 2 cups lightly pan – fried veggies likes: mushrooms, spinach leaves, chopped peppers, frozen peas
Directions for Preparation
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the pasta according to package directions. Right before draining, set aside 1 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- Drain and place back into the same pot.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, warm the oil on low-medium heat. Add the garlic and stir constantly, do not let the garlic burn.
- Once the garlic is light brown, stir in the cream cheese and about half of the starchy pasta water. Stir and remove lumps until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the smooth sauce to the pasta and turn on the heat to low-medium.
- Add the rest of the starchy pasta water, the cheese, the chili flakes (optional) and the vegetables (optional).
- Cook just until the cheese is melted. Stir well to evenly coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Serve right away. Enjoy!