Main Course: BBQ Veggies in Foil Packets
Servings: 8 Servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Make these no-mess fresh veggies on the grill in foil packets and serve alongside these sticky garlic ribs.
- 4 medium potatoes, washed and cubed
- 4 fresh sweet corn, husks removed, each cut into 4 pieces
- 4 carrots, washed and cut into large chunks
- 2 medium onions, sliced thinly
- 1 package mushrooms, washed cut in half
- ¼ cup butter or non-hydrogenated margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Directions for Preparation
- Heat grill. Cut 8 large pieces of heavy-duty aluminum foil.
- Place all the veggies in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter or margarine then mix on the seasonings.
- Pour onto the veggies and mix well.
- Divide vegetable mixture evenly onto four of the foil pieces. Top with another piece of foil.
- Crimp the foil closed to make a loose package. There must be some room for the steam to rise.
- When ready to grill, place packets, seam side up, on the grill over medium heat. Cook 25 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- To serve, open packets carefully to allow steam to escape.