Main Course: Sticky Garlic Ribs
Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 3 pounds (1362 grams) pork ribs, preferably back ribs
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white or apple cider
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions for Preparation
- Trim the fat off the ribs and cut into sections of 2-3 ribs.
- Place in a pot with the water. Bring up to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low, cover with the lid and cook for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the rest of the ingredients in small bowl.
- After 45 minutes, transfer the ribs without the water into a baking pan. Pour the sauce over the ribs and mix until each piece is coated well.
- Turn the oven on high broil.
- Broil each side until gooey, about 5-10 minutes.
By boiling the ribs, much of the unhealthy saturated fat is left behind in the water. Place the leftover water in a mug in the fridge to cool overnight. Remove the hard fat layer from the top. You will be left with flavour rich stock that can be added to soups or stews.