Snack: Fruit Pouches for Baby
Directions for Preparation
Fruit pouches are a handy food that can be offered to baby and toddler. Here are some ways to boost the benefits of offering them regularly.
- Pick pouches that are mixed with vegetables or meat.
- Squeeze the pouch into a bowl and offer it with a spoon.
- Squeeze the pouch into a bowl and mix in some baby cereal for added nutrition.
- Squeeze the pouch into a bowl and fork mash some cooked foods into the puree. This creates a thicker puree which helps baby learn how to chew different foods.
- Pick pouches with banana less often.
- Offering no more than one a day so that baby or toddler can practice eating other foods.