Soup: Bean n’ Macaroni Hamburger Soup
Servings: 12 cups
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- About 1-pound (454 grams) thawed ground meat, any kind
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large can diced tomatoes (796 mL), preferably no salt added
- 1 small bag (340 grams) mini carrots
- 1-litre water
- ½ to 1 teaspoon dried herbs like basil, oregano, parsley
- 1 cup macaroni noodle, preferably whole wheat
- 1 medium can (398 mL) chili flavour kidney beans, drained
Directions for Preparation
- In a large pot, cook the first three ingredients on medium heat.
- Break the meat up as it cooks.
- Once browned, add the rest of the ingredients except the noodles and the beans.
- Bring up to a low boil.
- Let cook for a few minutes before adding the noodles.
- Once the noodles are almost ready, toss in the beans.
- Cook for another few minutes then serve.
This soup recipe is a simple and hearty meal made with ground meat, veggies, and macaroni noodles in a tomato broth. If you are making this soup for another day, only half-cook the noodles. They will soften a lot more sitting in the broth overnight.