Main Course: Pepper Steak
Return to Recipes List
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- About 1 pound (454 grams) steak, patted dry
with paper towel
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 red, green or yellow peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cup cold water
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce, preferably low sodium
- Pepper to taste
Directions for Preparation
- Pat steak dry with paper towel, sprinkle with pepper.
- Heat 1
tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fast-fry the
steak for a maximum of 3 minutes on each side. Set aside in a covered dish.
- In the
same pan, add the remaining oil, onion and garlic. Sauté until the onions are
- Add the
green pepper and cook until tender crisp.
add the flour to a small bowl. Slowly stir in the water to form a smooth paste.
- Remove the
fat and gristle on the steak, then cut into thin strips.
- Add the
flour mixture, steak and soy sauce to the frying pan.
consistently until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with
whole wheat noodles or brown rice.