Main Course: Stir Fry
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) caribou, muskox or other lean meat
- 750 gram bag of frozen mixed vegetables
Directions for Preparation
- Mix the cornstarch, medium-high heat. water and soya sauce.
- Brown meat strips in oil over Mix the cornstarch, medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cornstarch mixture and stir in well.
- Turn down the heat and cover. Cook a few more minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- To make 8 servings of instant (minute) rice, use 4 cups of dry rice and 4 cups of water.
Be Food Safe: Be sure to wash your knives and cutting boards with warm, soapy water after cutting meat.