Main Course: Cheesy Baked Omlette
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 Minutes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons, oil
- 1 large package (500g) frozen broccoli
- 12 eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Coat the baking dish with oil.
- Add oil to frying pan and cook onion on medium-high, until soft.
- Add broccoli and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, until there is not much water in pan. Remove from heat.
- Beat together the eggs, evaporated milk, salt and pepper.
- Stir the onion, broccoli and cheese into the egg mixture.
- Pour this mixture into the greased baking dish or dishes.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until the top is turning brown.
Tip: Not all ovens cook the same. Check the omelette after 25 minutes, to see if it is firm and browned.