Main Course: Summer Sizzling Healthier BBQ Meal
Preparation time: 15 Minutes
Cooking time: 20 Minutes
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 4 lean burger patties, defrosted
- 4 100% whole wheat hamburger buns
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into slices
- 3 medium onions, cut into thick rings
- 4 carrots, washed
- 1 tablespoon of any type of salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon of canola oil
Directions for Preparation
- Drop 4 carrots into a pot of boiling water for 8 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- If using lean ground beef, form 4 equal-sized balls & squeeze between your hands to form patties. Wash hands. If using lean frozen patties, skip this step.
- Toss sliced onions and boiled carrots in a bowl with the oil and the remaining salad dressing.
- On a hot BBQ grill, place hamburger patties & vegetables. Lower to medium heat.
- After 6 minutes, flip & lower to minimum.
- After 10 minutes, check meat for doneness.
- Using a clean spatula (flipper), remove vegetables and meat.
- Build burgers with onions, mustard and sliced tomatoes.
Eat the carrots on the side or sliced and stuffed inside the burger (try it; it's delicious).