Main Course: Sausage Pasta Skillet
Servings: 4-6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
This dish features sliced sausage and pasta in a tomato cream sauce. It is an easy meal that is ready from start to finish in 30 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 sausage links, any flavour, sliced
- 1 can (796 mL) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Chili flakes to taste (optional)
Directions for Preparation
- Heat a large pot of water to boil. Add the noodles and cook until only half done. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large frying. Stir in the onion, garlic, and sliced sausage.
- Cook for 10 minutes stirring often. Turn off.
- In the same pot that the noodles were cooked in, add back in the noodles, the sausage mixture, the canned tomatoes, and the evaporated milk. Stir until combined.
- Bring up to a low boil, cover and let simmer until the pasta is ready. About 5 – 10 minutes. Check often and add water if the pasta is sticking to the pot.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the shredded cheese and chili flakes (optional). Serve.