Dessert: Apple Breakfast Cake
Servings: 9-12 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
An easy and hearty breakfast idea packed with shredded apples and oats.It's perfect for back to school!
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup plain oats
- 3 apples, grated
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 ° F. Grease an 11-inch x 7-inch casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the eggs, oil, sugar, cinnamon, and the vanilla until combined.
- Combine in the flour and baking powder. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Mic in the oats and the shredded apples.
- Pour into the casserole dish. Bake for 40 minutes or until center is set.
- Allow to cool before cutting into 9 to 12 squares.