Main Course: Brunch Mini Quiches
Servings: 12 tarts
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 min
These delicious little quiche tarts are perfect for an Easter brunch or to make ahead of time for an easy breakfast during the week.
- Frozen tart shells (12 small tarts)
- 1 white onion, diced or 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 package (about 375 grams) sliced ham, turkey, or chicken deli meat, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme or dried parsley (optional)
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place tart shells into muffins tins.
- Bake the empty shells the until edges are lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- In a frying pan, fry the onion and carrot in the oil until softened. Stir in the sliced meat (optional).
- Divide half of the cheese evenly into the tart shells, followed by the vegetable mixture.
- Whisk eggs, milk, black pepper, and thyme/parsley together in a bowl. Ladle egg mixture into each tart shell about 2/3 full.
- Top each tart with the leftover cheese
- Bake in the preheated oven until egg is set in the middle of each tart and shells are browned, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- If there is leftover egg mixture, make scrambled eggs in the same pan used to cook the vegetables.