Main Course: Cheesy Baked Pasta
Servings: 6 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Whip up this Italian pasta dish with everyday ingredients in no time.
- 1 small bag or box (300 – 400 grams) noodles, any shape or size
- 1 container (500 grams) cottage cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or oregano or dried Italian seasoning.
- 1 jar or can tomato sauce
Directions for Preparation
- Boil the noodles until they just began to soften. Do not overcook. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together the cottage cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese (set aside the other ½ cup) and the herbs.
- Pour half the sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Top with the cooked noodles.
- Spoon on the cottage cheese mixture. Top with the leftover tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.