Main Course: Campfire Stew
Servings: 8 Servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
This hearty stew can be easily made on a campfire or in an Instant Pot, slow cooker, or on the stovetop.·
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 green pepper or 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 4 potatoes, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 can corned beef, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Preparation
- In a large pot, fry the onion, carrots, green pepper, or celery until the onion is soft.
- Add the potatoes, water and bay leaf (optional).
- Bring up to a low bowl and cover with a lid. Cook on a low boil until the potatoes are soft. Stir every few minutes.
- Add in the cubed corned beef. Continue to cook on low boil for a few more minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off the heat. Let sit for a few moments before serving.