Main Course: Speedy Fully Loaded Veggie Pizza
Servings: 6 Slices
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
Cooking time: Approximately 20 Minutes
A frozen cheese pizza with a few added fresh toppings is a quick, easy and healthy meal option when you are pressed for time and the kids are hungry.
- 1 medium frozen cheese pizza, 12"
- green pepper, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canned pineapple tidbits, well drained
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- *2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or ½ teaspoon dried basil or oregano (optional)
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven as per the oven temperature on the pizza box.
- Top the pizza first with the onions, then pepper, then pineapple.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and herbs.
- Place in the oven and cook as directed on the pizza box.
For a balanced meal, enjoy the pizza alongside tossed salad and a fruit or yogurt for dessert. Vegetables as pizza toppings are a healthier alternative to the fatty cuts of meat such as pepperoni and bacon usually used as toppings. Veggies are also an excellent source of disease-fighting antioxidants and gut healthy fibre.
234 Calories (kcal), 9.7 g Fat, 514 mg Sodium, 28.5 g Carbohydrate, 1.5 g Fibre, 10.1 g Protein per slice.
*Recipe provided and tested by Suzanne Hajto, Registered Dietitian.