Main Course: Hearty Ham and Bean Stew
Servings: 10-12 Servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
You are only a few ingredients away to fix this thick and cozy stew.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 10 cups water
- 1 can (398 mL) baked beans
- 2 cups cubed ham (ham deli meat slices would work too)
Directions for Preparation
- In a large pot, fry the onion, celery, and carrots until golden brown.
- Add the water. Bring up to a low boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes or until the carrots are softened.
- Add the potatoes and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Lasty, stir in the ham and the baked beans.
- Bring up to a low boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.