Main Course: Chicken in a Rich Mushroom Cream Sauce
chicken dish is best served over whole wheat noodles with a side of cooked broccoli or carrots.
- 4 chicken breasts cut in two or 8 chicken drumsticks or 8 chicken thighs (skin removed)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 2 cups sour cream
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Oil a large casserole dish about 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Place chicken in the dish.
- In a bowl, stir together the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover the chicken with the creamy sauce.
- Bake thighs and drumsticks for 45-60 minutes. Bake chicken breasts for 35-40 minutes.