Main Course: Baked Chicken in a BBQ Sauce
Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 60minutes
This recipe creates a rich sauce that can be spooned over rice or noodles.
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 8 chicken thighs or drumsticks, skin removed
- ½ teaspoon onion or garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spread the frozen vegetables out into a 9"x 13" casserole dish.
- Top the vegetables with the chicken pieces.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the garlic powder or onion powder.
- Add the water to the bottom of the dish and then spread the BBQ sauce onto each piece of chicken.
- Secure a piece of aluminum foil over the casserole dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove the foil for the remaining 15 minutes.