Salad: Wedge Salad with Sour Cream and Onion Dressing
The name of this salad describes its shape! It uses a head of iceberg lettuce cut into wedges topped with a homemade sour cream dressing. Perfect as a side dish for any meal or as a lunch!
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce (about 1 lb.)
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 tomato, diced
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2-4 tablespoons, grated onion (start with 2 tablespoons and add more to your taste)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Preparation
- Trim root end off the lettuce. Throw away any browned leaves.
- Cut into quarters lengthwise, then cut each quarter lengthwise again so you end up with 8 wedges.
- Top each wedge with the quartered eggs and diced tomatoes.
- Top with the dressing.