Main Course: TexMex Foldover Quesadillas
- 1 pound lean ground meat
- 1/2 package taco seasoning, preferably low sodium
- 3 green peppers, sliced or chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup tomato salsa
- 1 package of medium or large tortillas, preferably whole wheat
Directions for Preparation
- In a large frying pan, cook the meat breaking it up as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, get the rest of the fillings ready.
- Once the meat is cooked, drain the fat.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the tortilla halfway through.
- Place the tortilla on a plate with the cut slit facing down.
- Imagine your cut tortilla is split into 4 squares, divided by that slit.
- In the bottom right square, spread some tomato salsa and sprinkle on some taco seasoning.
- In the top right square, place some green pepper.
- In the top left square, put about a tablespoon of ground meat.
- In the bottom left corner, put 2 tablespoons of grated cheese.
- Starting from the bottom right corn, fold the quesadilla in quarters starting from the bottom right, going counter-clockwise until you end up with a cone-shaped pocket.
- Place the filled quesadilla in a warm frying pan until golden brown on each side.
Enjoy on its’ own or with a side of guacamole or more tomato salsa to dip.