Dessert: Strawberry Shortcake Bread Pudding
Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 loaf (about 20 slices) whole wheat bread (not the ends)
- 6 eggs
- 1 can (370) ml evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen), sliced
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Directions for Preparation
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and the sugar.
- Tear the bread into little pieces and put them in the bowl. Stir until all the bread is coated in the milk mixture.
- Let sit at least 2 hours but overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 12” baking pan.
- Meanwhile, slice the strawberries and stir into the bread mixture.
- Pour the bread mixture into the greased baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until edges start turning golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
The votes are in and mom wants breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day. Here is the perfect recipe to make her feel the love.