Main Course: Baked Mac n’ Cheese
Servings: 4-5 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35-45 minutes
- 1 box noodles and cheese
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables like California mix, thawed
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- ¼ cup crushed crackers like soda cracker or breadcrumbs
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease an 8-inch by 8-inch baking pan.
- Place the noodles on the bottom of the dish.
- Top with the frozen vegetables.
- Optional step: If you like smaller pieces of vegetables, chop the thawed frozen vegetables before adding them to the dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cheese powder pouch, the milk, and half of the cheese.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheese and then the crushed crackers/breadcrumbs.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until the noodles are soft and the top is golden brown.
This is a half-from-scratch recipe that uses your favorite box of cheesy noodles. This recipe can be easily doubled by using a 9-inch x 13-inch pan instead.