Dessert: Valentine’s Day Strawberry Bread Pudding
Servings: 10 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 18 slices of bread, preferably whole wheat
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (370) mL evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen), sliced
- ¼ cup white sugar
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 12” baking pan.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and half of the sugar until smooth.
- Tear the bread into little pieces and put them in the bowl. Mix so all the bread pieces are wet. Let sit.
- Meanwhile, slice the strawberries.
- Once the bread has soaked up most of the liquid, spread the bread mixture into the baking pan. Top with the strawberries. Using the back of a spoon, push the strawberries down into the cracks.
- Sprinkle with the leftover sugar.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until edges start turning golden brown. Let cool for 15 5 minutes before slicing
Make this for breakfast for a special someone on Valentine’s Day weekend. Top each piece with a spoonful of vanilla yogurt. For a touch, more sweetness, serve with a side of honey or maple syrup.