Main Course: Mandarin Glazed Baked Ham
- 1 ham, 800 grams
- 4 mini mandarins, peeled, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375 F°.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mandarins and the brown sugar. Use the gritty sugar to help grind the mandarins so the mixture becomes more of a paste consistency.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the ham in the pan and rub with the brown sugar mandarin mixture.
- Cover with another piece of aluminum foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. For the last 15 minutes remove the foil.
- Let cook for at least 15 minutes before slicing into thin pieces.
For a balanced meal, serve the ham with potatoes and a vegetable like steamed broccoli or green beans. Sweet juicy mandarins add the right amount of citrus flavor to this super simple glaze.
134 Calories (kcal), 2.7 g Fat, 1061 mg Sodium, 0.6 g Fibre, 19.1g Protein per serving