Main Course: Easy Seafood Dip
- Small jar of tomato salsa, 418 ml
- Package of light cream cheese, 250 g
- 1 shrimp ring, thawed
Directions for Preparation
- Pinch off the tips of the shrimp and then cut in two or four, if possible. The smaller the better.
- Toss the shrimp and the rest of the ingredients into a saucepan or into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cook on low for about 2 minutes. Stir well trying to blend in the cream cheese.
- Cook for another few minutes and stir well until the cream cheese is smooth.
- Serve the dip warm or place in the fridge for 2 hours to harden.
Tomato salsa is a handy ingredient to have on-hand in the kitchen to make a quick sauce, dip or as a base for soups or stews. It is a healthier alternative to ketchup since it has less sugar. It still contains a lot of salt so you want to keep your portion size to no more than a ¼ cup or 4 tablespoons.
81.2 Calories (kcal), 3.6 g Fat, 392 mg Sodium, 0.6g Fibre, 3.6 g Sugar, 8.3 g Protein for ¼ cup or 4 tablespoons of dip