Main Course: Mac N’ Cheese Casserole
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 2 pounds ground meat, any kind
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chopped frozen vegetables, any kind
- 1 can (700 mL) pasta sauce
- 8 cheese slices or 2 cups shredded cheese
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a deep casserole dish that is about 11 inches x 17 inches.
- Cook the macaroni noodles according to the package directions. Drain. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook the meat along with the onion and garlic. Stir often breaking it up into smaller pieces. Drain the fat.
- Add the frozen veggies to the pan and cook stirring often until they are heated through and soft.
- Place the meat mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Layer on the cooked macaroni noodles.
- Top with the pasta sauce trying to coat the top all of the noodles in sauce.
- Add the final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
This dish is pure comfort food.To lower the salt content of this meal, use 1 large can (796 mL) of no sodium-added diced tomatoes instead of pasta sauce.