Main Course: Supper Surprise Casserole
Servings: 8 portions
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 2 pounds ground meat, any kind
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped frozen vegetables, any kind
- ¼ cup of rice
- 6 medium potatoes, washed and brown spots removed and thinly sliced
- 2 cans tomato soup
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Grease a deep casserole dish that is about 11 inches x 17 inches.
- In a large frying pan, cook the meat along with the onion and garlic. Stir often breaking it up into smaller pieces.
- Place the meat in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add the frozen vegetables in an even layer on top of the meat followed by the rice then the potato slices.
- In a medium saucepan, add the tomato soup plus 2 cans of water. Stir until smooth. Heath until warm.
- Slowly pour over the casserole. Make sure to coat all the potato slices in soup.
- Top with a piece of aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil, bake for the remaining 15 minutes.
This meal is always a hit with the family. The secret ingredient is canned tomato soup.You can substitute half of the white potatoes in the recipe with sweet potatoes.