Dessert: Blueberry Boiled Pudding
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 ¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
Directions for Preparation
- Whip together the butter, vanilla, and sugar.
- Stir in the milk then flour, baking powder and the frozen blueberries.
- Gently mix all together until a soft dough is formed.
- Put the dough into a pudding steamer or a wet pillowcase.
- If using a bag, leave about an inch of space at the top to let the pudding expand before tying it off with a piece of string.
- Boil gently for about an hour and a half.
- Remove, slice, and serve.
This is a great recipe for a treat when you are at camp. It is commonly boiled in the pot with your supper soup or stew!