Main Course: Italian Potato Salad
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs like oregano or Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
Directions for Preparation
- Boil unpeeled, whole potatoes until soft.
- Drain. Cool very quickly by adding cold water to the pot. Drain the water. Let sit for an hour.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by stirring together the rest of the ingredients.
- Using a dull knife, scrape away the potato skin and remove any brown spots.
- Cut into ¼ inch slices.
- Place into the bowl with the dressing.
- Gently stir, trying to keep the potatoes from breaking.
- Place in the fridge until ready to serve. This salad tastes better the next day.
Enjoy this easy-to-make Potato Salad recipe that uses common ingredients for your next side dish!