Main Course: Fish Croquettes
- 1 can (213 grams) salmon, well drained
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 cup mashed potato or sweet potato·
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried herbs like parsley or dill
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Well-oil a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, mash the salmon with the bones and skin until smooth.
- Stir in the egg, the flour, the mashed potato and the seasonings.
- Use a tablespoon of the mixture to form a little log. Roll into the breadcrumbs. Place on the cookie baking sheet.
- Repeat for the remaining croquettes.
- Place on a baking sheet. Let a little room between each croquette.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flip. Cook for a remaining 10 minutes.
These are tender on the inside, crunchy on the outside and full of flavor! Mashing the salmon with the skin and bones boosts the calcium and Vitamin D in this recipe.