Important COVID-19 Updates for our customers
Snack: Baked Chocolate Oranges
Return to Recipes List
- 1 cup plain oats
- 6 medium oranges, washed
- 1 ¼ cup dry pancake mix
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ sugar
- ½ cup milk
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Place the oats in a large mixing
bowl. Pour 1 cup of boiling water onto the oats.
- Meanwhile, slice a thin piece of orange
off the top and bottom of each orange so that it will sit straight when placed on
- Then cut each orange in half so
that each half will sit straight on a cookie sheet.
- Use a spoon to scoop out most of
the insides of each orange. Don’t take out too much because you don’t want the
batter to pour out through the bottom.
- Add half of the orange flesh and
juice into the bowl with the oats. Save the rest for a snack later.
- Mix the oats and the orange well.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop out into the orange halves and bake.