Main Course: Chicken Fajita Rice Bowls
- 2 - pounds ground chicken, thawed if frozen
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 cups canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained then fork mashed
- 1 ½ cups jarred salsa
- Chili and or cumin powder to taste
- 2 cups dry long grain rice or 4 cups dry minute rice
Optional topping ideas
- Shredded cheese
- Fried green peppers and onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced green onion
- Sliced hot peppers
- Sour cream or plain yogurt
- Avocado slices or guacamole
Directions for Preparation
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, fry the first four ingredients in a large frying pan continually breaking up the meat.
- Once cooked, use a clean spatula to add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook for a few minutes until the flavours have melded together.
- Assemble bowls!