Main Course: Tex Mex Pizza
Servings: 12 slices
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- ½ pound (about 250 grams) ground meat
- 2 twelve-inch pizza shells, preferably whole wheat
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 package (227 gram) sliced or whole mushrooms or 1 can sliced mushrooms, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ]3/4 cup shredded cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease two large cookie sheets.
- Cook the ground meat in a large frying pan, then drain the fat.
- Top each pizza shell with ½ cup of pizza sauce.
- Layer on the cooked ground meat, followed by mushrooms, onions then the cheese.
- Sprinkle ½ teaspoon chili powder onto each pizza.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the pockets are golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
Slices can be frozen and placed in school lunches.