Salad: Lighter Caesar Salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, roughly chopped then washed
- ½ cup nuts or seeds, any type
- 2 firm apples - washed then diced
- ¾ cup mayonnaise, preferably low fat
- ½ teaspoon mustard
- 1-3 cloves garlic, minced or ¼ - 1 teaspoon garlic powder (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup water
Directions for Preparation
- Pat the lettuce dry with a clean tea towel or paper towel.
- In a large bowl, layer the lettuce topped with the nuts and chopped apple.
- In a small bowl, stir the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
- Store the dressing in the fridge until right before serving.
- Top with the dressing and toss.
For a complete meal with a boost of protein, top the salad with leftover meat, fish or drained canned beans.