Main Course: Sweet and Salty Chicken
Servings: 8 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 30-45 minutes
- ¼ cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced or 1 ½ - 2 teaspoons garlic powder (add to your taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 chicken drumsticks or thighs
Directions for Preparation
- Stir all the ingredients together except the chicken in a large bowl. Add more garlic to your taste.
- Add the chicken and stir until all the pieces are coated. If you have time, let marinate in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or heat the BBQ grill on high.
- If cooking in the oven, place in a baking dish and place in the oven with all the marinade. If cooking on the grill, place on the hot grill and turn down to low.
- Bake for 45 minutes or cook on the BBQ for about 20 to 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 74°C (165°F).
If cooking on the BBQ the sauce might stick to the grill. To avoid this, you can start the chicken on a piece of aluminum foil until half-cooked, then transfer directly to the grill to finish cooking.