Main Course: Classic Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 3 cups elbow macaroni noodles, preferably whole wheat
- 2 cans (170 g) tuna, well drained
- ¼ cup grated white onion or 2 sliced green onions
- 3 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- ¾ cups mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing, preferably reduced fat
- Salt & pepper to taste
Directions for Preparation
- Prepare the macaroni noodles according to the package directions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
- Place the drained macaroni into the same pot or in a large bowl.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and store in the fridge until serving.
You can add in other ingredients like boiled eggs, cucumber, peas and green pepper. To make the salad a little leaner, replace ¼ cup mayonnaise or whipped salad dressing with plain yogurt.