Salad: Summer Chicken Salad
Servings: 8 cups
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
- ½ large head romaine lettuce (8 cups), washed and chopped
- 2 cups grapes, sliced in half
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds
- ½ cup cheese like shredded cheddar or crumbled feta
- 2 skinless cooked chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Preparation
- In a large bowl, layer the first 5 ingredients.
- Whisk together the dressing.
- Right before serving, pour on the dressing.
During warm weather months, drinking a minimum of 8 glasses of water is a must but you can also eat water logged foods to quench your thirst. Watermelon, broccoli, strawberries and grapes are made up of at least 80% water!