Dessert: Warm Berry Sauce
A simple fruit sauce made with any fresh or frozen berries. With just a little sugar, this versatile sauce is great on just about everything!
- 2 ¼ cups fresh or frozen berries, any type
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon or orange juice
- pinch of salt
Directions for Preparation
- If using fresh berries, wash and slice before using.
- Place the berries in a medium saucepan, add sugar, juice and salt. Stir until combined.
- Bring berry mixture to a boil.
- If using fresh berries, boil a full minute. If using frozen berries, boil for 3- 5 minutes.
Serve the sauce warm or cold on pancakes, French toast, over yogurt and even poured over toast instead of jam.