Main Course: Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
Servings: 4-6 servings
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50-60 minutes
- 1 boneless ham, 800-900 grams
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons non hydrogenated margarine or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water or orange juice or ginger ale
Directions for Preparation
- Poke the ham all over with a toothpick then place in pot. Fill the pot with water.
- Bring to a boil and cook on low for 20 minutes.
- When ready to bake, Preheat the oven to 350 F°.
- Remove the ham from the pot and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients to make the glaze.
- Spread half the mixture all over the ham.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then spread remaining glaze all over the ham. Bake for another 15-20 minutes.
Ham is one of those higher salt foods that can be enjoyed but in moderation. By poking the meat and slowly boiling it, it removes some of the salt. Lower the salt of canned foods like beans and vegetables by rinsing with warm water.