Main Course: Cowboy Casserole
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (284 mL) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 empty soup can (284 mL) filled up with milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, any type
- 1 bag frozen hash browns (about 600- 900 grams)
Directions for Preparation
- Heat oven to 375°F. Grease a large 4-qt. casserole dish with oil.
- Brown meat with onions in a large frying pan. Drain the grease. Spoon into the casserole dish.
- Top with the vegetables.
- In a bowl, mix the milk and flour with the soup until smooth. Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Top with hash browns.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until hash browns are golden brown and casserole is heated through. Broil for the last few minutes if needed to crisp the hash browns.
Beef and veggies are topped with hash browns to satisfy hungry appetites. Unlock the potential of frozen vegetables which are quick, easy and probably the healthiest foods in the freezer section.