Soup: Chicken Noodle Soup
Servings: 6-8 servings
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
This comforting soup is exactly what you need on a cool day. Filled with juicy chicken and tender noodles, this recipe only takes about 35 minutes to make.
- 4 chicken thighs or drumsticks, skins removed
- 4 cups or 1000 mL chicken broth
- 10 cups water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced into circles
- 2 cups pasta noodles, any type
- 1 garlic clove chopped or ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash or your favorite salt-free seasoning
Directions for Preparation
- In a large pot, place the chicken, broth, and water. Cover with a lid and bring to a low boil for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, fry the vegetables in the oil until golden brown. Set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the chicken from the pot to cool. To the same pot, add the vegetables, noodles, and the seasoning.
- Bring up to a low boil and cook until the noodles are almost soft.
- Once the chicken is cool to touch, shred into pieces and add back into the large pot.
- Boil for another 5 minutes and serve.