Main Course: Pork with Apple Cream Sauce
Return to Recipes List
- 6 - 8 pork chops, bone-in or boneless
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 apples, finely chopped
- 1 can (284 ml) cream of
mushroom or chicken soup, preferably reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- ½ teaspoon of dried thyme or
Directions for Preparation
- Warm oil on medium heat in a large pot or skillet.
- Place the pork chops in the pot. Brown on both
sides then remove. Set aside.
- Toss in the onions and apples. Reduce the heat
to low medium and cook stirring often until the onion softens. About 10
- Put in the rest of the ingredients plus 1 can
- Place the pork chops back into the pot, cover
and cook on a gentle boil.
- For a thinner, boneless chop cook for 30
minutes. Cook an extra 10 minutes for a thicker chop with a bone.