Dessert: Apple Crisp
- 8 cups apples (about 8 medium apples), washed, skin left on and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons brown or white sugar
- ¼ cup apple, orange or lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
- 3 cups oats, any type
- 1 ¼ cups flour
- ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan or 2 loaf pans.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the bottom layer. Pour the bottom layer into the pan(s).
- In another medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients. Add the margarine.
- Using two butter knives, scissor through the dry mixture to cut in the margarine. Keep doing this until all mixture looks like small peas and no dry flour is left.
- Evenly spoon on the top layer. Flatten any big bumps.
- Bake for an hour or until the edges are golden brown. Let cool 15 minutes before serving.
This crisp is even better served warm with a big spoonful of cold vanilla yogurt. Enjoy!