Main Course: Delish - Fish Sandwich
Return to Recipes List
- 4 frozen or fresh salmon portions, defrosted
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup light Italian salad dressing
- 4 slices 100% whole wheat bread
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons of non-hydrogenated margarine
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 3 romaine lettuce hearts, washed dried and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
Directions for Preparation
- Place salmon portions, oil and 1 tablespoon of dressing in medium bowl. Mix gently and let sit in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Place a layer of aluminum foil on the BBQ grill. Warm up the grill on high and place salmon on top of foil.
- Lower to minimum heat and close lid.
- Let cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place lettuce & strawberries in a bowl and toss with remaining salad dressing.
- Once the fish portions feel firm or fish turns slightly white, it is ready.
- Mix garlic into margarine and spread on each slice of bread.
- Place on grill to toast.
- Top each garlic toast with a piece of salmon and serve with salad & a glass of water.