Snack: Sweet n’ Chewy Cereal Breakfast Bars
Servings: 9-12 bas
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 0 minutes
These no-bake cereal bars are the perfect breakfast or snack on the go.
- 1 cup peanut or almond butter
- ¾ cup honey or maple syrup
- 5 cups plain toasted O cereal
- ¼ cup hemp heart or chia seeds (optional)
Directions for Preparation
- Oil a medium size baking pan, about 8 inches x 8 inches or 11 inches x 7 inches.
- In a microwave safe bowl, warm up the nut butter and honey or maple syrup until warm. Do not overcook.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your dry cereal, hemp hearts or chia seeds (optional) and top with the warm nut butter mixture. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into the oiled baking pan and press firmly into place using the back of a spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Cut into portions and enjoy. Store in the fridge.