Main Course: Easy Pizza
- 1½ cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1-2 cups cooked lean meat (caribou or muskox, ground beef, chicken, turkey or ham)
- 500 grams (1 pound or about 3 cups) shredded cheese
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add oil and water. Stir well. Add more flour, if the mixture seems wet.
- Knead the dough for 2 or 3 minutes, until it’s smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl easily.
- Spread out on greased baking sheet, leaving slightly thicker around the edges.
- Add the ToppingsSpread tomato sauce evenly on crust.
- Add vegetables and other toppings of your choice.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the toppings.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Enjoy!
For a faster pizza, use pita bread, tortillas or English muffins as a crust. Put the bread on a cookie sheet, add the toppings and bake at 450°F (230°C) for 7-10 minutes