Main Course: Grilled Peanut Chicken
- 8 chicken pieces (thigh, drumstick or breast)
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce, preferably low sodium
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, any type (optional)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely chopped or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions for Preparation
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Add the chicken and combine until each piece is well-coated. Place in the fridge to marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- On a hot grill, place the chicken skin side down.
- Grill on high until there are some good grill marks on the skin.
- The chicken now needs to cook on low. Transfer the chicken to the top rack or on one side of the grill with the burner off.
- Keep the lid closed to seal in the heat. Cook on low (about 350 °F) for about 10 minutes then using a clean set of tongs turn the chicken over. Cook every side for about 10 minutes.
- Breast will take about 40 minutes and thigh or drumsticks about 35 minutes.
Being a “Grill Master” means considering food safety to ensure a pleasant cookout for all. Chicken must be cooked until juices run clear or at least 165 °F. Do not mix raw with cooked; use clean tongs to flip chicken and a clean plate to place the cooked chicken.