Main Course: Chili
- 1/2 lb Best Value Lean Ground Beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 small cube bouillon (or half a large cube)
- 1 can tomato paste (156ml)
- 2 cans Best Value Canned Tomatoes (796ml/each)
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (approximately 2 cups of beans)
- 1 1/2 cups Best Value Frozen Corn
Directions for Preparation
- Brown meat in a large pot on medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, green pepper, chili powder, garlic, black pepper and bouillon.
- Continue to cook until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for at least ½ hour (or up to 2 hours).
To complete this meal, serve with a whole wheat bun and a glass of milk.
If you can't find canned kidney beans, try substituting with a can of baked beans in tomato sauce.
Nutritional values per serving:
Calories 179.9kcal, Fat 3.3g, Saturated Fat 1.1g, Trans-Fat 0.1g, Cholesterol 12.7mg, Sodium 581.3mg, Carbohydrate 29.6g, Fibre 6.5g, Sugar 8.7g, Protein 11.7g.