Main Course: Roasted Vegetable Hash
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potato cubes
- 4 cups diced Fall vegetables (can be a mix) of carrot, butternut squash, turnip, sweet potato, yam
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or any dried herb of your preference
- ½ teaspoon salt
Directions for Preparation
- Preheat the oven to 450 °F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Roast for about 40 minutes or until the veggies crisp at the ends.
- Set aside 4 cups of the hash. With the remaining hash, eat as is or sprinkle with lemon juice, your favorite salad dressing or hot sauce.
Let the leftover hash cool, then freeze. Check out our next recipe to make a soup using the leftover hash.