Main Course: Quick Baked Char
- Whole char (2-3 kilograms or 4-6 pounds), gutted and scaled
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Directions for Preparation
- Turn oven to 450°F (230°C).
- On plate, mix together flour, salt and pepper.
- Fillet the fish.
- Cut into serving sized pieces.
- Dip each side of fish in seasoned flour.
- Spread oil thinly on baking dish.
- Place fish fillets on baking sheet, skin side down.
- Cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Tip: Enjoy with a splash of lemon juice or your favourite sauce!